In Skincare business we have Organics and pro-mixing aspects
We will need these equipments for cream mixing
Measuring spoons and cups
Your skin type can change over time. For example, younger people are more likely than older people to have a normal skin type.
SKIN TYPES VARY DEPENDING UPON FACTORS SUCH AS :
1. WATER CONTENT , which affects your skin's comfort and elasticity.
2. OIL (LIPID ) CONTENT , which affect ur skin's softness .
3. Sensitivity level.
1. NORMAL SKIN : not too dry, not too oily. It has no or few imperfections, no severe sensitivity, barely visible pores, a radiant complexion.
2. DRY SKIN
Almost visible pores, dull,rough complexion, red patches, less elasticity and more visible lines. When expose to drying factors, skin can crack, peel or become itchy, irritated or inflamed. If ur skin is dry, it can become rough and scaly, especially on the backs of ur hands, arms and legs.
3. OILY SKIN : Enlarge pores, dull or shiny and thick complexion, black heads, pimples or other blemishes.
4. COMBINATION SKIN : can be dry or normal in some areas and oily else where such as the T-zone (nose, forehead and chin). It can produce overly dilated pores, black heads and shiny skin.
DEXFOLIATION- the art of not exfoliating regularly . Exfoliation opens the skin pores to allow penetration of ur skin care products.
2) IMPROPER APPLICATION. Try to use it right after a proper bath. Don't just take a quick shower, ensure that dirt, sweat and grime that clog the skin pores are removed as you bathe so your cream really penetrates. Also, don't mop up all the water from your skin after bathing, leaving some water on your skin allows the cream to absorb better.
3) SUN EXPOSURE. Too much exposure to the sun's rays puts alot of strain on the skin and will hinder the effects of your cream from being visible, make sure your cream has adequate sun protection factor(SPF) of at least 15.
4) YOUR DIET. What are you stuffing up on? Eating right (fruits and vegetables and staying away from unnatural sugar) boosts your skin's radiance from within. Oranges and apples especially, are loaded with powerful and natural anti-oxidants that helps prevent your skin's collagen from breaking down.
5) IMPATIENCE. Creams that boasts of 'instant results' usually have harsh chemical components. It usually takes time for your skin to adjust and respond to the products. Try more natural based products instead and stop changing creams constantly.
6) BATHROOM ROUTINE. Please use a gentle cleanser or a beauty bar for your face instead of the regular bar soaps and try to use lukewarm water instead of cold water. It helps to keep your skin's protective layer from being stripped away.
CHOCOLATE BODY BUTTER
1/2 Cup Cocoa Butter
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1/4 Teaspoon (or 1 capsule) Vitamin.
1. Melt cocoa butter and coconut oil over very low heat.
2. Remove from heat and allow the oil to cool in the refrigerator until it’s almost solid.
3. Whip the oils with a stand mixer or hand mixer until its light and fluffy.
4. Once whipped, add cocoa powder and vitamin E (optional).
5. Whip ingredients together until combined.
6. Store body butter in a air tight container.
7. This body butter can be stored at room temperature for up to 6 months.
MANGO BODY BUTTER.
1/2 cup mango butter
1⁄4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup jojoba, light olive oil, or grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
1/2 – 1 teaspoon lavender essential oil (optional).
You will also need a large bowl filled with ice, a small bowl to place in the ice (this will contain the body butter mixture), beaters, and a jar to store the body Butter .
1. Melt mango butter and coconut oil in a double boiler.
2. While melting, mix 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder with 2 tablespoons jojoba, grapeseed, or olive oil (whichever you have chosen to use).
Mix until a smooth paste forms.
3. Once mango butter and coconut oil have melted, remove from heat and add the arrowroot/oil mixture and also the rest of the oil. Stir to combine.
4. Let cool briefly and set up the ice bowl (fill a large bowl with ice and place a smaller bowl on top of the ice, so the ice comes up around the bowl).
5. Pour the body butter mixture into the smaller bowl and leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.
6. If mixture is not firming up after 10 minutes, leave a little longer, or place in the fridge. Just be sure to watch closely as it will be near impossible to whip once it hardens.
7. Once mixture is beginning to set, add essential oils when using.
EGYPTIAN BODY WASH
1/2 cup of castle soap
2tsp milk ( goat milk or egyptian milk)
5tsp aloe Vera juice,
1tsp sunflower oil,
1 &1/2 tsp bee pollen,
1/2 cup of glycerin,
1tsp royal jelly,
30drops grape seed extract .
METHOD - place d bee pollen, granules Into a small jar along with the aloe vera juice, stir d bee pollen and aloe vera mixture until the bee pollen, granules have mostly dissolve. ( it's OK there are some left, they will get blended away), add the mixture to ur blender add the glycerin, honey, milk, propolis, olive oil, grape seed, royal jelly n blend on low heat for a minute.
Pour in a bowl and mix in castle soap, make sure it incorporates well. Once you've got a texture you're happy with, pour the soap through a sieve to remove any biols of pollen.
Add lightening or whitening additives of ur choice n transfer to bottle.
STRETCH MARK SCRUB
1 cup of coffee grounds (nestle coffee)
1 tablespoon almond oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sea salt
4 drops carrot oil.
Get a bowl pour in ur coffee,add almond oil,lemon juice, sea salt and carrot oil.
Stir well & ready for use after one hour.
That's our stretch mark scrub.
STRETCH MARK OIL INGREDIENTS
Mix 3 drops of each lavender oil
6tsp of sesame oil
mix well, store this oil in a glass container and use when required.
STRETCH MARK CREAM:
blend, 2tsp of each coconut oil
10drops vit E.
Melt all ingredients in a double boiler. When it starts getting dissolve, whip n remove from heat. Store in an airtight container, regularly massage d affected area with this cream and u will see miraculous results fading away those unpleasant stretch marks.
EGYPTIAN MILK CREAM INGREDIENTS
4tsp olive oil
30drops bee propolis extract
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2tsp royal jelly
4drops of lavender
Combine the ewax with olive oil and beeswax in a bowl and melt.
While the water are melting,combine the honey,propolis,pollen,water,whole milk,royal jelly in another bowl and gently warm through.
Once the oils have melted,add the water mixture and stir with your blender.
10 drops Glycerine
5 drops Lavender oil
5 drops Carrot oil
1 tsp Zinc oxide
Few drops of Vit E
1tbsp Snow white powder
Melt d beeswax n emulsifying wax and zinc oxide in a double boiler , add d oils and wait until it's all completely melted.
While at that, place d rosewater, snow white powder, in another double boiler and let it melt. When ready, remove from heat and start pouring d water mixture into the oil slowly, whisking very slowly as u go.
Keep pouring n whisking until all d water mixture are incorporated into the oil. Then add your preservatives and whisk again. Now scoop into ur cream container.
Preservatives help prevent microbial growth in our products, which can cause separation of our emulsions, speed up rancidity of our oils and butters, and cause weird smells and odours.
If u want to make an oil in water(what we normally make), you must add a preservative. If u change every millilitre of water in d lotion to being honey or aloe or a hydrosol, those are still water based ingredients and you must add a preservative. If you make a body wash, shampoo, conditioner, or any other product that contains water or a water like ingredient, you must add a preservative.
2tbs olive oil or green tea
1tbs apple cider vinegar(ACV)
a drop or two of essential oil of your choice(optional)
Cotton pads or wipes
Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl, soak some cotton pads or wipes in the mixture and use it all over your face. Store the mixture in a container and refrigerate. You can substitute olive oil for herbal tea.
The acidity in vinegar will help to soften the skin, deep clean the pores for a clear skin while olive oil moisturizes the skin for a healthy glow.
OILY SKIN TONER
To clear and prevent acne as well as lighten the scars use a natural homemade toner.
GREEN TEA OILY SKIN TONER
1cup of green tea
1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
Mix 1cup green tea along with 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, and use it as a toner to deep clean the pores, reduce oils and fight acne.
The toner also helps to reduce scar and even out d skin tone for a clear complexion.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR OILY SKIN TONER
1/2cup of ACV
1/2cup of water
Mix ACV with water and pour it in a bottle. Use a cotton pad to apply the toner all over the face, leave it on for 5mins to get rid of excess oils, blackheads and deep clean the skin. Rinse off and pat dry.
WITCH HAZEL OILY SKIN TONER
2parts of witch hazel
Mix three parts distilled water with two parts witch hazel and one part ACV will take care of you. Apply the toner to not only treat excess oil but also tighten the skin.
For dry, dull and chapped skin, cocoa butter works great. This is best night cream for wrinkles.
Virgin olive oil
Add all d ingredients in a boiler and heat. Heat until all d ingredients mix properly. Cut the heat and allow cooling. Store the cream in a container.
2tbs Organics beeswax
4tbs coconut oil
2tbs Castor oil
15 drops peppermint essential oil
Food coloring (optional )
Gather all d ingredients and add the beeswax, Castor oil, and coconut oil in a double boiler or a pan filled with water.
Once melted, add the essential oil if desired and mix well.
Pour the liquid wax in d lip balm containers and fill them to the top. If it has already starting to harden,don't panic! put it back into d double boiler for a few seconds until it melts again and our the rest in d lip balm containers.
Wait for 1 or 2hrs until d wax starts to harden, then you can use the lip balm right away, if it is a hot day.
You can pop the lip balm containers in d fridge so the lip balm harden more quickly.
LIGHTENING FACIAL SCRUB
1tbs baking soda
1/4 tsp Vit C powder
3 drops lavender essential oil
3 drops peppermint essential oil
Blend the clay, baking soda and Vit C together. Blend in d lavender and peppermint essential oil until the powder is smooth.
SUGAR LIP SCRUB
FOR NATURAL PINK LIPS
2tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
1 tsp almond oil
Mix everything together in a small bowl until you have a paste. Pour into small jars. Apply to lips with fingertips and massage into your lips to gently slough off dry, dead skin cells. Wait few minutes and use a toothbrush to scrub lip... Rinse.
Do this at night and apply a balm or cream afterwards.
1 cup sugar/sea salt
1tbs lemon juice
1tsp Almond oil
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon/carrot oil
Combine all d ingredients in a bowl and mix throughly... Pour mixture into jar and seal tight.
Apply on Knuckles.. Leave for 2mins and scrub well with a pumice stone... Rinse.
MILK AND HONEY BODY WASH
1/2 cup Coconut milk
1/2 cup Castile soap
1/2 cup raw honey
7drops essential oil (orange oil preferably )
2tsp vegetable glycerine
Combine all ingredients in a bottle. Shake the ingredients together until the honey is fully dissolved.
Recommend keeping this recipe in d shower no longer than 3weeks, due to the coconut milk.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DAY AND NIGHT CREAM.
During the day the skin is subject to damages by the rays of the sun, pollution, environmental stress and make up. Hence the day creams are focused on protection and support.
While during the night, the skin does its repairing, restoring and regenerating.... So night creams are focused on moisture and recovery. They contain the most powerful slow absorbing moisturizer. The night creams must be richer, thicker, and heavier than day creams.
MIXING LIGHTENING ADDITIVES INTO SOAPS/BODY WASH.
Lightening additives like kojic acid, alpha arbutin, glutathione, licorice, lactic acid e.t.c.
When you mix this into body wash or soap,make sure water is d main ingredient. If you use this option you will need to make your shower gel stronger to at least 4%.
For a 4oz(120ml)body wash mixture, you will add 1tsp to get 4%.
For a 8oz(240ml)body wash mixture you will add 2tsp to get 4%. And so on....
Get wet, lather up and let the lather remain on you for at least 2mins and for as long as 10mins then rinse. 4 to 6 minutes is ideal.
MIXING LIGHTENING ADDITIVES IN LOTIONS.
Whitening/Lightening additives are kojic acid, glutathione powder, alpha arbutin, licorice extract, vitamin C ascorbic acid, Niacin- amide. e. t. c
All water soluble ingredients
More than one can be combined to get the perfect white skin.
Add 1.5gm or 1/2tsp powder to 1oz(30ml) Cream.
HOW TO USE
First, dissolve with water by adding drop by drop of water to the additive in a separate bowl, then stir dissolved additive into your cream or lotion.
If adding to previously made cream and it's very thick and stiff, you may want to remove from container, place in another bowl, use hand mixer to mix, then transfer back to the container. Often you can simply stir it right.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A LOTION , CREAM , MOISTURISER AND BODY BUTTER ? . ..
They are made the same way and mostly contain the same ingredients, however a lotion and moisturiser tend to be more fluid than a cream or body butter so may contain less oils, less emulsifier and less thickener. A moisturiser and cream are usually used on the face and special ingredients called actives are more likely to be included. Also less heavy oils are used.
ORGANIC is the basic of cream making. Organic creams takes longer time to work and most time it works only on people with sensitive skin.
Essential oils are natural oil typically obtained by distillation and having the characteristic odour of the plant or other source from which it is extracted.
ESSENTIAL OILS are distilled from the leaves, bark, roots and other aromatic portions of a plant. Essential oils evaporate and have a concentrated aroma.
LIST OF ESSENTIAL OILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Tea tree oil
Carrot seed oil
These essential oils go with with carrier oils. You can't use them without the carrier oil.
2. CARRIER OILS: also known as base oil or vegetable oil, is used to dilute essential oils and absolutes before they are applied to the skin. They are so named because they carry the essential oil onto the skin. Carrier oils do not contain a concentrated aroma, unlike essential oils, though some, such as olive, have a mild distinctive smell. Neither do they evaporate like essential oils, which are more volatile. The carrier oils used should be as natural and unadulterated as possible. Carrier oils are pressed from the fatty potions (seeds, nuts, kernels) and do not evaporate or impart their aroma as strongly as essential oils.
LIST OF CARRIER OILS ARE: Grape seed
Apricot kernel oil
Borage seed oil
Our butters are
I know u are familiar with shea butter and cocobutter. But mango butter and avocado butters are not that common. But u can get them from organic stores
If you need advance training go for our ebook http://abrahamgodwins.blogspot.com.ng/2017/10/n1000-content-cusmetics-beauty-products.html
If you need advance training go for our ebook http://abrahamgodwins.blogspot.com.ng/2017/10/n1000-content-cusmetics-beauty-products.html